'

Photograph taken by yours truly in eastern Washington state at sunrise, 2004

Friday, May 20, 2011

Please Help Me Raise Money for the MDA!

Hi gang!

I'm going to Jail for Jerry's Kids, Help Bail me OUT! | MDA Lock-upThe reason for my blog today is to make a plea to you to help me raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association of southeastern Massachusetts.  The MDA provides support for children with muscular dystrophy and other neurological muscular disorders.  Last week, I received a phone call from Barrett's Alehouse asking me to participate in their Bridgewater Lock-Up to raise money for the MDA.  On June 22nd, I will be arrested and placed "behind bars for Good."  They have set my bail at $1600 - I know it is a stretch to make that, but I'd like to do my best!  I'm told if I don't meet bail, I'll still be released for good behavior... so don't worry TOO much.

Here is my game plan to raise money - now that I am out doing my brisk walks again (and will likely do another half-marathon in the early fall), I ask for you to pledge to donate for every mile that I walk between Saturday, May 21 and Sunday, June 19.  My personal goal is to reach 50 miles over the course of those 30 days.  You'll be helping to support Jerry's Kids, but I also offer you an incentive!

For every 25 cents per mile that you pledge, I will enter you into a drawing for a free meal at your favorite restaurant up to $25 with yours truly!  If you live far away and we won't be able to meet up, then I'll mail you a $25 gift certificate to your favorite restaurant.  If you pledge to donate 50 cents per mile, then I'll enter you twice in the drawing, and so forth.  So how's that sound? :-)  All you need to do is comment on this blog with your pledge, write on my Facebook wall, or send me a Tweet!  You can also me at mtgoodha@gmail.com.

Once June 19 rolls around, I will announce the drawing winner, and I'll let you all know my walking total and request your donation at my MDA Bridgewater Lock-Up personal page.  If you prefer to make an anonymous donation, you can still do so at my personal page noted above, any time you wish!

Feel free to share this post on your blog or in any form that you choose, too!

So are you willing to help me and Jerry's Kids out?  I hope so. :)

(p.s. - in case you're feeling skeptical about my walking total, I use RoadRunnerGPS on my walks and will post those on June 19th [until then, I'm going rogue with it]... so this is scientific!

No comments:

Post a Comment